Black resin sink turning white.

Charlyp 14:19 28 Jul 2019

Hi, just used sulfuric acid down sink to clear blockage. Some of it went on to black sink bowl so white bits which remind me of paint marks. Can anything be done to make it go back to black? Or new sink?

wee eddie 14:25 28 Jul 2019

I suggest that you use a form of selective viewing.

I assume that the sink still works as a sink, and that it just offends your aesthetic sensibilities

Forum Editor 17:23 28 Jul 2019

Some Epoxy resin sinks are resistant to sulphuric acid at 70% concentration, but they are attacked by it at 100%.

Your description seems to be about colour bleaching rather than surface attack, and I doubt that there's anything you can do about it.

grumpy old man 17:42 02 Aug 2019

not making fun of you but why on earth did you use acid , a bag of soda crystals , some hot water and a little patience would have done it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Witcher 3 (Switch) Preview

Classic posters from Cuba's Golden Age celebrate cinema and revolution

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Comment télécharger des films et séries Amazon Prime Video ?