Bathroom fitting now leaking

Terry5384 18:07 21 Jul 2017

I had my bathroom fitted and about 3 months after found a leak under the bath. I called another plumber who carried out repairs and now I have come back off holiday to find my kitchen flooded can I claim from the original fitter

wee eddie 23:25 24 Jul 2017

I think that it all turns around, whet caused the leak under the bath.

It should have been fixed, at no cost to you, by whoever installed the bathroom.

However, as you got another plumber in, he is responsible for putting it right, assuming that the current leak is from the part, or parts, that he was involved in repairing.

Should the latest leak be from a part that the second plumber has not touched, then the first plumber is responsible for its repair

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?