AVG Network Edition - Any Views?

Taff36 09:01 03 Oct 2003

We currently have a 10 user perpetual user license fo McAfee Anti Virus but we need to renew the support contract and increase the users to 15. We have had no problems with the product but it doesn`t feature a central management system. The upgrade to McAfee ASaP which does is about £365.

By far the cheapest option for 15 seats and central management would appear to be AVG Network Edition - Has anyone experience of the product and give recommendations?

Taff36 09:53 03 Oct 2003

Sophos comes highly recommended and unlike McAfee that sells seats in multiples of 5 they charge individually BUT the cost for setting this up hits £655 !!

Taff36 11:01 03 Oct 2003

Thanks for the comments, you are correct of course. I really dont want to spend money unnecessarily. If the AVG product at approx. £125 (£250 over 2 years) has performed well with others on the consumer watch over the last year I would be tempted to give it a go. AVG personal edition appears to have been fine on one of our laptops and caught everything thats been thrown at it - Its experience of the networking edition that I`m after really. Thanks again.

Taff36 09:00 06 Oct 2003

Thanks for the input chaps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Julian Glander recreates your art school experience in quirky video game Art Sqool

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

TV & streaming : comment regarder la Ligue des Champions 2018-2019 ?