AOL Telephone Helplines

pj123 16:08 05 Aug 2003

Just tried 3 times in the last hour to get AOL telephone helpline. All I get is "due to the high volume of calls we are unable to answer your call. Please log on and enter keyword help for instant assistance." Not good enough, the whole idea of ringing the helpline on the phone is because I can't get on to AOL on the internet. Any company who has that many help calls must have something wrong with their systems. I always remember an old Ad for Toshiba that showed about 20 engineers sitting around doing nothing because their products didn't go wrong. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Jester2K II 16:17 05 Aug 2003

"I always remember an old Ad for Toshiba that showed about 20 engineers sitting around doing nothing because their products didn't go wrong."

ROFLMAO....

Er its an ad.... And i suppose Brand X cornflakes make us ALL happy cheery people in the morning, Brand Y cars never break down and Brand Z Holidays never fail to deliver the goods.

Sometimes this will happen, sometimes you get stright through.... Just take 2 minutes to think about the scale of AOLs operation

alB 21:40 05 Aug 2003

I have had this happen to me a couple of times but as Jester2K II rightly says they are a massive ISP and at times they do get stretched, try ringing back a little later on in the evening and that usually does the trick, once you get sorted I'm sure you will be more than happy with their service. ...alB

Djohn 21:48 05 Aug 2003

I've had this happen a couple of times, on occasions that I've needed some info. Just hold on, it's free anyway! :o)

pj123 10:42 06 Aug 2003

alB, I am not unhappy with their service and never have been. It's just annoying to be told to log on and type keyword help, when the very thing you are trying to ring them about is that you can't log on to the internet. For John. yes, good job it is free but very frustrating.

Jester2K II 10:50 06 Aug 2003

"very thing you are trying to ring them about is that you can't log on to the internet"

true but not ALL callers will not be able to log on...

pj123 11:09 06 Aug 2003

Jester2K II. yes, I agree with you and on previous occasions when I have needed help I have used keyword "tech chat" and got good advice. I like AOL. FYI, I just read in my local paper that the Dixon Group are dumping "freeserve" and have signed a deal with AOL, so all their computers will now be sold with AOL preloaded???

pj123 11:38 06 Aug 2003

To All. Just got through to AOL. All is now fixed. Thanks everyone. Ticked.

Jester2K II 11:50 06 Aug 2003

Yay!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?