Anyone trying out Cloudflare's DNS?

rdave13 19:46 02 Apr 2018
Answered

Trying it out on one laptop. Pages seem to load faster. click here.

rdave13 19:48 02 Apr 2018

More info click here.

Govan1x 00:19 03 Apr 2018

rdave13

Is that just for a wireless connection. it does not mention if it also works on a Lan setting.

rdave13 07:22 03 Apr 2018

Yes, it also works for ethernet connections. So far so good as they say.

Govan1x 10:27 03 Apr 2018

rdave13

I only use a lan setting on this computer. Tried the new DNS last night and cant say that it makes much difference.

Will stick with it for a while, If there is a difference I have not noticed it, But may be it will work better with a wireless connection.

I set it up manually and not from your web site so don't know if that would make a difference.

modis90 12:39 04 Apr 2018

I was using Google prior to Cloudflare - no noticeable difference for me with respect to websites loading any faster.

rdave13 18:57 07 Apr 2018
Answer

modis90

After testing it on an older laptop I've now changed the DNS in the router. They state it's a more secure DNS and seems a tad faster to me. That might be wishful thinking though :) Happy with it and will stay with 1.1.1.1 for now.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

How designers created the world of smash hit drama Bodyguard

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables