Anyone bought a battery from electronicavenue?

Roy* 10:55 03 Feb 2011

I need to buy a laptop battery and I'm considering electronicavenue. Does anyone have any good or bad experience from them and have any views on their product quality please?

serindipity2uk 08:53 12 Mar 2011

I needed to buy a replacement battery for my Compaq Notebook because my battery although working wasflagging.It only held a charge for a very short period.
Determined to buy from a UK company I eventually settled on the one above. BEWARE just becasue a company has a UK email address and UK trading address it is not necessarily a UK company.
This one is infact Chiness and I have wasted a lot of money on first of all purchasing and then returning a battery which did not work. Neither did the replacement but the return cost are prohibitive and so I have cut my losses and decided to soldier on with my original battery.

jakimo 11:13 12 Mar 2011

Its always advisable to buy an original brand battery for computer equipment,although more expensive they are more reliable in the long run than a clone

Steve Jone 15:06 23 Mar 2011

It is the same chiness website pretend to be a UK website!! Batteries-man and laptop-battery-shop are owned by the same one!!

onionskin 22:38 23 Mar 2011

Don't hang about. Li-Ion batteries might soon be in short supply after the earthquake in Japan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?