Any recommendations for good customer service?

MPic 10:06 26 Feb 2019

After my disastrous experience with Lenovo (£1k+ laptop dead after 1 year and 3 weeks, no help from Lenovo)I am having to investigate getting a new laptop. I only want to consider a manufacturer with a good reputation for after sales care. Dell seems to come out well according to my research.I know there will be exceptions to every rule, but does anyone have any advice for any other non Apple manufacturer with good customer support? Or a link to a website giving this information in UK?

john bunyan 11:17 26 Feb 2019

I was sceptical about Dell but about a year or so ago I bought a Dell XPS 13 direct from them. I paid extra for the 3 year guarantee including accidental damage (I think £250 or so). The motherboard failed in 3 months. They at first offered an on site repair but then agreed a replacement, which has worked well ever since. There was a gap of a month as these are not stock items, so to rely on only one PC is unwise. However in the end all was well. My desktop is from Novatech; they are local to me so I took that to them at the beginning for a major driver update on the motherboard . Depending on laptop vs desktop, I would consider Dell or Asus and Novatech and Chillblast.

PS the Dell 3 year guarantee was better than Curry’s offer. Do look at John Lewis too as they give 2 years I think

MPic 19:01 26 Feb 2019

Thank you very much for your reply. It is really helpful to hear personal recommendations, especially as I am distinctly technically challenged!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)