Anti-virus software

stalion 22:17 01 Dec 2004

If you want a excellent alternative to the anti-virus software you are useing try this it is not free but is second to none
click here

Big Spring 23:00 01 Dec 2004

but I would give Norton AntiVirus 2005 a miss if I were you. Symantec have apparently admitted that their latest offering has a security vulnerability click here . I'm about to ditch Norton AV 2003 for PC-cillin 12. I've been reading some good reviews of it, might even speed up my PC!

stalion 23:04 01 Dec 2004

my recommendation is better than Pc-cillin 12
Regards

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:00 02 Dec 2004

I have 80+ people on a mailing list that would not be without AVG...free edition. I prefer reality tests than lab tests ;-))

G

I used Avg free for years but had a few problems lately,like my 2nd drive getting a virus.After a recomendation from Base in ashton,got McAfee,this found two dialers and three spyware that AVG and spybot didn't.As the cost was only £15 I think it money weell spent.I'm now trying the firewall instead of ZA pro as it seems less obtrusive.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:27 02 Dec 2004

AVs will not stop dialers and trojans.

G

spuds 10:53 02 Dec 2004

For dialers and trojans try click here

I was skeptic when I was told,that mcafee could spot dialers and trojans,but as i said it has spotted 5 now.

Grouse ® 16:51 02 Dec 2004

go to click here no explanation needed.

stalion 21:18 02 Dec 2004

The product has been tried and tested on the helproom forum for months and solved many members virus and trojan problems where the other scanners and anti-virus including avg have failed

westwit 23:15 03 Dec 2004

"The product has been tried and tested on the helproom forum for months and solved many members virus and trojan problems where the other scanners and anti-virus including avg have failed"

Which product? Do you mean 'a squared'? I had to do a factory reset after ditching Norton System Works 2005 (which includes NAV) when it totally clashed with me brand new MESH A64 3500 system. Now using AVG 7 Free and the Windows XP SP2 built-in firewall, so interested in what you say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?