Answerphone Help

SURVEY 13:53 13 Feb 2007

I am looking for a replacement answerphone. My present one is a Panasonic and is rather dated with a micro-tape cassette for recording messages. Most answerphones can be accessed remotely but with my present phone - if it rings between 3 and six times one knows that there are no messages; this allows the user to cancel the dialling and thus not have to pay any call charges. A very useful feature especially if abroad with a mobile!

If there are messages it will give a tone after two rings, allowing one to press a pre-determined code and retrieve the messages.

Does anyone know of a similar arrangement with regard to having the phone keep ringing for the say 3-5 times to show if there are no messages, permitting the call to be cancelled with no charges?

SURVEY 14:13 13 Feb 2007

Since posting my message, I discovered that I had another answerphone - a more up-to-date Panasonic digital type. This has the feature that I needed - it is called 'Toll Saver'

I think that I am going to have to replace these units at some time in the near future. Has anyone any recommendations (that still have the 'Toll Saver' feature?

I am going to tick 'Resolved' but please feel free to offer soem recommenadtions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?