Amazon Poor Customer Service

Salamander7 12:40 29 Jul 2019

Around three weeks ago my Amazon Prime Account was hacked and approx. £140.00 worth of gift cards and software downloads were fraudulently bought using my debit card which is saved in my Amazon Prime account. I reported it on the day it happened by phoning Amazon and my bank. The bank immediately cancelled my Debit Card card and Amazon sent me an email telling me an unauthorized person had gained access to my account, telling me to change password etc and stating money would be refunded if appropriate. To cut a long story short, the money for the software downloads (approx. £42) has been refunded but not £80.00 of gift cards. I phoned Amazon Customer Service repeatedly and they tell me they are sorry but they don't have the power to refund the gift cards. They say they will contact "the Accounts Team" and they will get back to me which they never do. I did, however receive two emails from the "Accounts Team" both of them identical in every word to the email I first got when I first reported the incident, so in other words they were telling me my account had been accessed by an unauthorized person etc. I was alarmed by these two emails but comforted because I knew there was no valid card in the account for any fraudster to use. So despite approximately six phone calls and three online "chat session", Amazon will not tell me why my £80.00 has not been refunded nor will they confirm my account has been hacked twice more following the initial incident. Over the weekend I wrote a firmly worded email to them but of course there has been no response. What can I do next?

Forum Editor 23:01 13 Aug 2019

You can email Jeff Bezos:- [email protected]

He has said that he reads lots of customer complaints, but he doesn't respond personally. If your email is one of the lucky ones he may forward it to a senior executive with no text, but a single ?

Anyone at Amazon who gets one of those from Jeff knows that he or she must drop whatever they are doing and sort the problem out. Don't hold your breath though.

While you're waiting for a response, why don't you email customer service and tell them that your complaint is getting quite a readership on our web site? Include a link to this thread - You never know, it just might provoke some action.

Salamander7 21:29 18 Aug 2019

Thanks for the info. I have emailed Jeff Bezos and will report back if anything new happens. :)

hastelloy 11:39 19 Aug 2019

Jeff Bezos email address - [email protected]

hastelloy 11:40 19 Aug 2019

Should have read the rest of the post!

Protos 16:06 27 Aug 2019

Is this real ? (for the address of Bezos)

I'm gonna have a try also

Salamander7 16:00 30 Aug 2019

Hi everyone. Just to update you. The Jeff Bezos idea was reasonably successful since I got an apology from the "Accounts Team". Their explanation regarding the missing refund was still unclear but at least they acknowledged their service was not of the required standard. I still don't feel I can trust them with my debit card so my Prime Membership unfortunately wont be renewed which is rather annoying.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

InDesign at 20: how Adobe beat Quark to become the graphic design tool of choice

iPhone 11 Pro confirmed: Release date, price & specs

Les meilleures montres connectées (2019)