all in one printers

peculiar2 16:12 02 Sep 2003

if i wantto use my printer for photographs from my digital camera (4.5million pixels) and want a high quality scanner, am i best going for an all in one option, or are these lower quality?

wee eddie 18:10 02 Sep 2003

Where-as one will have a goodish printer, the scanner will not be cutting edge and vice versa.

The only reason for accepting a mediocre printer and scanner built into a box is that the total footprint is smaller.

It should not be difficult to slide one of the smaller scanners into a drawer and then you have the best of both worlds.

Stuartli 21:02 02 Sep 2003

Separate items are far superior over all-in-ones and, if one goes down, you don't have to send the whole caboodle back for repairs...:-)

wags 22:06 02 Sep 2003

Buying an all-in-one is a compromise. It's a bit like comparing Hi-fi separates and a "music centre". Peculiar2, as you have a decent camera, it would be wise to buy a good quality printer and if need arises, a separate scanner (these are particularly cheap these days.)

I particularly like the Canon range of printers and scanners - read some reviews and check out the prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts