Aldi website has gone all misty.

Aitchbee 18:39 11 Nov 2018
Answered

Has anyone noticed this phenomenon?

After browsing for about 30 seconds there appears a picture puzzle which one has to solve and an email address requester appears also.

... it's a complete turn off as far as I'm concerned.

Any views?

Menzie 19:03 11 Nov 2018
Answer

If online purchasing is possible, it's a way to curb the issue of people buying up all the popular items using bots.

Aitchbee 19:16 11 Nov 2018

Thanks, Menzie. I remember last year that all of my local stores had no deliveries of some items, so your explanation looks good. It's a bit of a pain though.

Aitchbee 19:30 11 Nov 2018

So, it's a Stick-'n'-Carrot ploy... to get one to subscribe to their 'special buys' newsletter?

It's all crystal clear now.

martd7 20:48 11 Nov 2018

Aitchbee

It looks ok to me,no misting or puzzle nothing

Ive just browsed around for about 5 mins and nothing

Aitchbee 21:08 11 Nov 2018

Appreciate your feedback, martd7. I hope it's gone for good.

wee eddie 21:44 11 Nov 2018

The usual cause of this is that you're not connected to the Internet

Aitchbee 10:10 12 Nov 2018

It's all still happening, the misting up, the puzzle picture and the email requester. I've just checked a moment ago.

wee eddie 10:57 12 Nov 2018

Think it might be some form of AdWare

martd7 19:55 12 Nov 2018

Aitchbee

I have tried again been through every category and im not seeing this misting and puzzle,is it only on the Aldi site?

Aitchbee 21:42 12 Nov 2018

martd7, yes just Aldi. I only [habitually] visit about 10 popular major websites all of which show no such similar behaviour. I noticed the misting effect etc about 2 weeks ago but didn't bother to visit Aldi website again until yesterday.

btw, I'm not too bothered but thought others might have experienced similar phenomena.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch