Aldi website has gone all misty.

Aitchbee 18:39 11 Nov 2018
Answered

Has anyone noticed this phenomenon?

After browsing for about 30 seconds there appears a picture puzzle which one has to solve and an email address requester appears also.

... it's a complete turn off as far as I'm concerned.

Any views?

Menzie 19:03 11 Nov 2018
Answer

If online purchasing is possible, it's a way to curb the issue of people buying up all the popular items using bots.

Aitchbee 19:16 11 Nov 2018

Thanks, Menzie. I remember last year that all of my local stores had no deliveries of some items, so your explanation looks good. It's a bit of a pain though.

Aitchbee 19:30 11 Nov 2018

So, it's a Stick-'n'-Carrot ploy... to get one to subscribe to their 'special buys' newsletter?

It's all crystal clear now.

martd7 20:48 11 Nov 2018

Aitchbee

It looks ok to me,no misting or puzzle nothing

Ive just browsed around for about 5 mins and nothing

Aitchbee 21:08 11 Nov 2018

Appreciate your feedback, martd7. I hope it's gone for good.

wee eddie 21:44 11 Nov 2018

The usual cause of this is that you're not connected to the Internet

Aitchbee 10:10 12 Nov 2018

It's all still happening, the misting up, the puzzle picture and the email requester. I've just checked a moment ago.

wee eddie 10:57 12 Nov 2018

Think it might be some form of AdWare

martd7 19:55 12 Nov 2018

Aitchbee

I have tried again been through every category and im not seeing this misting and puzzle,is it only on the Aldi site?

Aitchbee 21:42 12 Nov 2018

martd7, yes just Aldi. I only [habitually] visit about 10 popular major websites all of which show no such similar behaviour. I noticed the misting effect etc about 2 weeks ago but didn't bother to visit Aldi website again until yesterday.

btw, I'm not too bothered but thought others might have experienced similar phenomena.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

The Best New Illustration and Graphic Design Talent from Brighton and Middlesex Universities

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros