Advice..needed will these all work together pls??

julius44 16:13 25 Aug 2008

Hello and good afternoon. I need advice on a certain set up, and i just want to find out if all this will work.

I have just ordered a 32inch samsung flat TV from Argos, and it should be coming on 27thclick here

Okay and i currently have a samsung DVD recorder model R122, which is multi-regional, and it PLAYS ALL DISKS, but it has no HDMI on it. Now i also wish to get a home cinema system, to connect the Tv..I have seen great reviews on the following..
click here, and i wish to purchase this as well.....the only problem is that this home cinema system CANNOT RECORD, so i'm wondering whether i can still connect this home cinema system, which has a dvd player, my dvd samsung recorder, and the TV together..becos technically i'll have 2 dvd player(i that records, and the home cinema 1 that does NOT record)................OR as i'm on a budget, is there a home cinema systems that has a record facility as well..for under £200..it must be multi-region..and play all disks!!!

Any help on thsi would be much appreciated, thanks

100andthirty 19:13 25 Aug 2008

the home cinema system you've shown looks strong on outputs and weak on inputs. Thus you might struggle to get the DVD recorder working though it.

However, if the home cinema is capable of taking the sound output from the Tv and playing the sound though the surround speakers, then you should be able to get the DVD recorder to do the same via the TV. However the spec is unclear, and you should determine whether this is possible before you buy. I would have to say that the surround system is a low priced item and is unlikely to be very versatile. I'm sure it'll play DVD's both purchased and recorded on your recorder (the latter will need to be "finalised".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?