About special delivery need question answering pls

Meeky217 18:42 06 Feb 2018

When u send a package special delivery do the receiver have to show ID to the post man

alanrwood 19:26 06 Feb 2018

I don't think so. I think the parcel just needs to be delivered to the address on the parcel.

But I could be wrong.

BRYNIT 21:55 06 Feb 2018

I've never known the postman to ask for identification but I believe when delivered like any post the person receiving the package has to be at the address they are delivering to, they cannot be outside the door as the postman/woman could be delivering to the wrong person.

Govan1x 23:58 06 Feb 2018

Looks as if it is first class next day delivery you are covered. I suppose it depends what delivery you picked.

Click Here

commute 10:27 11 Feb 2018

Not normally when it is received at the address to which it has been sent but if you are going to collect it from a Post Office pick up point ( where you have had a chit from the PO about an item for you to collect) you MUST go in person with appropriate Photo ID else they will not release it ( as several customers found out to their cost recently when they tried to collect items that were not addresses to them ; they were furious but it states on the card to collect in person and bring photo id with you )!!

Forum Editor 13:05 14 Feb 2018

"...do the receiver have to show ID to the post man"

No, because it wouldn't be practical to insist on one - the chances of a named recipient being there at the exact time the delivery is made are slim at best. What you get is a copy of the signature of the person who accepted the letter or package.

Archie44 18:10 14 Feb 2018

i know that amazon delivery drivers have asked me for id due to the nature of the goods ordered

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)