2700 mAh AA batteries now available

anchor 09:05 09 Feb 2006

I see that 7dayshop now have these high power batteries on sale. Useful for those cameras, etc., that take Ni-Mh rechargeables.

click here

Other suppliers probably have them available also.

spuds 11:13 09 Feb 2006

'Other suppliers probably have them available also'--Yep,they do :o)

Jdoki 11:29 09 Feb 2006

But not at 7dayshop's low low prices! :)

Their introductory price of 6.99 for 4 certainly beats Maplins current price, even with P&P

garrema 13:44 09 Feb 2006

Well I have have just dropped them 20 of my Queens Enlish Pounds.
Never knew they existed - nice one anchor.

oresome 19:00 09 Feb 2006

I don't know if Ni-Mh are better in this respect than Ni-Cads, but their capacity developed to full after 3 or 4 charges and then it was downhill from there on.

I used to have a professional customer who measured the capacity after 11 months. The company I worked for had an agreement with them that batteries that were below 80% capacity would be replaced foc.

We got batteries back by the hundred.

Totally-braindead 20:19 09 Feb 2006

Its also worth mentioning that they are doing some compatible inkjet cartridges for 99p including the cleaning ones.

Smiler 16:55 12 Feb 2006

check here
click here

"NiCad batteries gradually lose their maximum energy capacity if they are repeatedly partially discharged before being recharged. This is termed the memory effect.
A major advantage of NiMH battery technology, apart from lack of toxicity, is the absence of any memory effect - NiMH batteries are remarkably tolerant of frequent 'top-up' charging."

oresome 17:57 12 Feb 2006

Thanks for the link Smiler.

Some useful info on the site. Interested in the self discharge figure of 1% per day. Explains why my camera batteries always need charging when I come to use it.

GaT7 19:04 12 Feb 2006

Not surprisingly, the 2700s are also available on eBay for even less (incl P+P) click here.

Was looking at those 7day ones yesterday. Wonder how long they take to charge - couldn't find this info anywhere? The single reviewer at 7day didn't mention click here.
Would be helpful if garrema, or someone else who buys them, will let us know & mention it in their review at 7day. G

961 19:14 12 Feb 2006

If you want the low down on batteries, and have a couple of hours to spare, try
click here

Smiler 11:18 13 Feb 2006

I think you'll find the charging time is dependant on the charger. The higher the output of the charger the quicker it will charge. A charger with an output of 6v, 1000mA would take 2 hours to charge four 1.5v 2000mA batteries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts