256k ISDN..........realy?????

Blokka 11:44 08 Dec 2003

Whilst looking for an alternative ISDN supplier i came across one selling 256k ISDN, now to my knowlegde this does'nt exist although i may be wrong?? has anyone else seen this? i was under the impression that they only did adsl above 128k anyway here is the link and you'll see what i mean click here

jaydeeace 12:43 08 Dec 2003

I don't really know a hell of a lot about ISDN, as I've only ever been a home user with a 'modest' budget. However, I seem to recall something called dual-channel ISDN. That might explain the doubled bandwidth figure, or it could just be me making things up. Who knows?
On a serious point, is there no broadband supplier in your area, or is it an objective decision to use ISDN? Just curious.

M7MAK 13:50 08 Dec 2003

ISDN Can Be Dual Channel But YOU end up paying for two calls a bit of a rip off just to get 256k

Allan-263226 13:56 08 Dec 2003

You are totally correct, you can have this but your phone bill gets doubled, a complete rip off.

Blokka 14:18 08 Dec 2003

Unfortunatly BB is not currently in my area although we have had a trigger level set but i cannot see this being hit at least for a good few months if not at all however thats why i went with ISDN and have had it now since august this year and have been pretty happy with it as an alternative to 56k.
So i guess then that there is a 256k ISDN connection, i currently use 64k or 128k and had never heard of the 256 connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review: Hands-on

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?