SAGE INSTANT ACCOUNTS - initial reactions

Forum Editor 07:26 01 May 2010

Now that you have installed the software it's time to start using it. Over the next few days please experiment. Explore the software's functions and features, and find out how intuitive it is - do you find your way around fairly easily, or are there things which baffle you?

ton 00:18 07 May 2010

No real problems, although I would have expected an activation window to appear when installing, rather than having to find it.

Taff™ 11:39 17 May 2010

A little late off the mark but I`ve installed on an older XP machine with Sage Line 50 already on it. During the install no warning was issued but as soon as it launched Instant Accounts detected "Data has been found from a previous version". Confirming that I wanted to import it then said "Unsupported version - Data cannot be converted" and promptly stalled leaving a splash screen. Rebooted and I can no longer access the older version of Sage Line 50.

Now restoring my Acronis Backup!

Taff™ 11:44 17 May 2010

No previous versions of any Sage products on this machine. Installed no problem, set up my account in 5 minutes. Very slick.

One minor annoyance was that I did start off with trying the option to "Open Demo Data" which presents a dialog asking for a User Name & Password". Had to go to help which informs me that the default is "Manager" with a blank password.

Couldn`t this be skipped - after all it is demonstration data?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Razer Blade Pro 17 review

Enter graphic design heaven with these vintage Japanese posters

When is the next Apple event, and what should we expect?

Les meilleures applications pour Android (2019)