Norton test July 2014 - Second thread - any incompatibilities?

Forum Editor 22:12 15 Jul 2014
Answered

Now that you have the beta software running on your computer, please comment on its stability and compatibility - are there any issues with your operating system (please state which one) or with any of your software applications?

QuizMan 11:03 19 Jul 2014

I now realise that I cannot reach the Identity Safe via the Norton icon on the task-bar. From the main window I click on Identity>Identity Safe and the Vault password input box appears (even when the Vault is already open. After I input the password (correctly!) the password box stays on the screen which I then have to close via the X in the top right hand corner. All that does is take me back to the previous screen and then I am in a continual loop. Not good.

This is with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.

iscanut 12:02 19 Jul 2014

I am convinced I am using correct password for Vault and in spite of using the password reminder, it still will not accept my password. There does not seem to be a way to reset it or set up a new one, so I am snookered.

iscanut 12:26 19 Jul 2014

I am still not convinced Live Update is working on auto. It certainly has not done any updates since I have had it when running it manually. Tells me that it is not required. Would be useful if date of last update was shown.

sunnystaines 13:59 19 Jul 2014

iscant i too have similar

Aitchbee 12:38 20 Jul 2014

gardener, I mentioned the exact same problem, which you have described above, with Directory Opus V6 in last year's NIS & N360 beta tests ... and it's still there this year. It's interesting to note that you have it [Opus] running on your W7-64 bit machine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)