Hot Topics

Norton test July 2014 - Second thread - any incompatibilities?

Forum Editor 22:12 15 Jul 2014
Answered

Now that you have the beta software running on your computer, please comment on its stability and compatibility - are there any issues with your operating system (please state which one) or with any of your software applications?

QuizMan 11:03 19 Jul 2014

I now realise that I cannot reach the Identity Safe via the Norton icon on the task-bar. From the main window I click on Identity>Identity Safe and the Vault password input box appears (even when the Vault is already open. After I input the password (correctly!) the password box stays on the screen which I then have to close via the X in the top right hand corner. All that does is take me back to the previous screen and then I am in a continual loop. Not good.

This is with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.

iscanut 12:02 19 Jul 2014

I am convinced I am using correct password for Vault and in spite of using the password reminder, it still will not accept my password. There does not seem to be a way to reset it or set up a new one, so I am snookered.

iscanut 12:26 19 Jul 2014

I am still not convinced Live Update is working on auto. It certainly has not done any updates since I have had it when running it manually. Tells me that it is not required. Would be useful if date of last update was shown.

sunnystaines 13:59 19 Jul 2014

iscant i too have similar

Aitchbee 12:38 20 Jul 2014

gardener, I mentioned the exact same problem, which you have described above, with Directory Opus V6 in last year's NIS & N360 beta tests ... and it's still there this year. It's interesting to note that you have it [Opus] running on your W7-64 bit machine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 55U1 is the best new TV you can’t buy

How to get your first design job

What's the difference between macOS and iOS/iPadOS

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs