Norton test July 2013 - thread number 3

Forum Editor 22:30 28 Jul 2013

Now that you have had a chance to use the software for a while, what - if anything - would you like to see changed/added/omitted from the final release version?

sunnystaines 09:43 24 Aug 2013

thank you for the beta testing

sunnystaines 11:10 04 Sep 2013

final version of NIS 2014 now on major geeks, does seem early for a 2014 version.

click here

sunnystaines 09:16 05 Sep 2013

Lazarus The 2nd

I like this feature but had a nightare with it on the beta, does it still crash on the final version

sunnystaines 09:16 05 Sep 2013

Lazarus The 2nd

I like this feature but had a nightmare with it on the beta, does it still crash on the final version

sunnystaines 18:03 05 Sep 2013

ths is what they are promoting in the new version, not sure how the last entry appeared on the list, just hope they fix it before we get our copy.

New features

• Advanced repair
  • Improved SONAR engine
  • SONAR-assisted remediation and cleanup
  • Simpler setup and management
  • Faster performance
  • Enhanced Norton Identity Safe
  Proclaimer 10:43 02 Oct 2013

Has anyone received a licence from Norton yet?

iscanut 11:45 02 Oct 2013

Not heard a thing !

iscanut 11:48 02 Oct 2013

sunnystaines

Does not say Beta on the majorgeeks site, but does say 60 day trial which makes me think it may not yet be final version.

sunnystaines 10:27 03 Oct 2013

iscanut2

i think its a free trial for 60 days before you buy. The new version of NIS seems to be for download only so far, not sure if the cd version will be out soon.

would be easier to email the testers the key rather than post the box.

sunnystaines 19:26 03 Oct 2013

The new version has been for a little now as download only, well I thought all the problems I reported in the beta may now be fixed or they would not have relased the final version.

Well downloaded and installed ok thats better. But all the hassle i had with the vault in beta is still there, i backed up the vault to the desktop first. Again vault would not let the password work, spent ages with live chat trying to fix, norton manage to corrupt my backup during import and also delete all my online vault info too. I wonder now do they take our feedback seriously. the tech on live chat eventually got the vault working by deleting the vault and replacing it but have lost all my logins. hoping next year will be better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

George Wylesol's new book is a demonic take on 90s internet

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Test : l'Amazon Echo 3, un design et des performances audio perfectionnés