Mini tool system backup - beta test

Forum Editor 12:42 26 Mar 2017

Welcome to those of you who have volunteered to test this software.

Please click on this link to download the software. You will need to enter your email address to receive the download.

Once you have the download installed, please post in this thread and confirm. In your post, please mention which version of Windows you are running.

At the same time, send an email to me at: - [email protected] and tell me which email address you provided. This is so the software company can identify PCAdvisor members when it sends out your free software key. Please put 'Minitools beta test' in the subject line of your email.

Once everyone is confirmed as up and running, I'll open a new thread, and we can proceed.

Forum Editor 15:37 30 Mar 2017

By way of an update to my earlier post about the software expiry date.....

Despite my best efforts, the software company has not seen fit to respond. This is far from satisfactory, bearing in mind that the company approached me - it wasn't the other way around.

I'm not prepared to continue on that basis, and in view of what has been said by beeuuem~2 in an earlier post I think it is best to draw this to a close here and now.

I can only apologise to those of you who wasted your time downloading the software. I suggest that you uninstall it asap. We shall not be entertaining any further requests to test applications from this company.

Aitchbee 16:06 30 Mar 2017

Ok,FE.

Matt. 17:53 30 Mar 2017

The programs uninstaller leaves quite a few Registry entries behind and the program folder itself. Suggest using CCleaner or similar.

bumpkin 21:37 30 Mar 2017

Matt, so we are doing the beta testing anyway?

Green Thunb 06:09 31 Mar 2017

Such a shame.

Forum Editor 22:27 31 Mar 2017

It is a shame, and a salutary lesson for me, not to believe that people will always keep to their commitments. In this case the software company has failed to respond to my emails.

I can only apologise yet again for wasting your time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

InDesign at 20: how Adobe beat Quark to become the graphic design tool of choice

iPhone 11 Pro confirmed: Release date, price & specs

Les meilleures montres connectées (2019)