Hot Topics

Youtube Opening Video In Small Window?

tommartin91 00:21 17 May 2020

This is the first time I've ever owned a Mac and the learning curve is killing me. One issue I've run into for the first time last night is that Youtube will open a video in a new window (but not a tab) depending on how I click the video on my trackpad. Once the window is open it will continue to play that video and once the video goes behind Safari I cannot find it. I don't know if this is some kind of shortcut but I can't figure it out. It seems to happen much more often when I click the trackpad with my left pointer finger than when I click with the right. Anyone know what this could be?

tommartin91 00:23 17 May 2020

Here is a photo of the small window that randomly appears, seemingly based on how I click :

Pic of Small Window YT

wee eddie 08:43 17 May 2020

If this were Windows, I would suggest looking at the top right of the YouTube Window, Second from the left a square divided into 4, and click that.

Again: If this were Windows, and your viewing window has disappeared behind another window, I would minimise the one that has become the top one.

Of course, it's a Mac, so I could be totally wrong

bremner 10:25 17 May 2020

When you are in Safari Go to Safari in the menu bar and choose Preferences Go to Tabs and Make Sure "Open Pages in Tabs instead of Windows" is set to "Automatically" Now when you click on a video it will open in a Tab not a Window

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

5 Design Tips for Stand-out Packaging in the New Normal

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans