Yosemite won't allow iPhoto to interact with kodak camera dock.

Brumas 16:42 24 Nov 2014
Answered

Since downloading Yosemite I cannot transfer the pictures from my Kodak EasyShare M863 camera, via the camera dock series 3, as I normally do. iPhoto will open and go through the motions but nothing happens other then the downloading message appears.

I contacted the GeekSquad but after a long time spent on my machine they came to the conclusion it was an Apple problem which needed to be addressed in one of their updates whenever that will be! I was going to contact Apple but on being told it would cost me £25 I changed my mind!!

Any suggestions?

Brumas 17:31 29 Nov 2014
Answer

As a workaround I bought a card reader for a couple of quid, I'll just have to wait until Apple release a patch to sort out the problem.

Chris2210 15:15 01 Dec 2014

I'm experiencing similar problems [although not as extreme] with Aperture since installing Yosemite. It does start to load image previews for import, but sticks if there are a large number. The simple workaround is to tranfer them to the disk I'd store them on anyway [in this case a Firewire2 volume] and then 'import' them into the library [whilst actually leaving them where they are].

It's frustrating though and my whole system appears to have slowed down [it is the one at home though which is an old 24" aluminium iMac]. Other than the fact that Photos for Yosemite will be launched some time next year I can't really find any info on the situation for Aperture users. I have been using the software for a good few years and hope its functionality isn't going to disappear forcing me to migrate to Lightroom [which I don't really want to do].

Anyone know much more?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?