Wired printer to wireless setup

prschatz 16:01 26 Aug 2018

I have a Brother HL 2140 laser printer which I would like to set up to use via my wireless router. I have not been to get it working, though it works with wired set up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chuck

wee eddie 19:27 26 Aug 2018

As far as I can see it's USB only

BRYNIT 07:19 27 Aug 2018

As wee eddie has said your printer uses USB and is not WIFI capable. If your router is capable of connecting a USB device have a read of method 1 from CLICK HERE if it does not have a USB connection read method 3.

prschatz 06:38 29 Aug 2018

I appreciate the go at it. Couldn't get the printer to show up on the router page, the MAC utility I needed for the router had some upgrade message so I assume Netgear hasn't fixed the bug yet. Thanks.

Maria Kaylene 17:56 29 Aug 2018

To enable it on a wireless set up, you need to complete a basic configuration on your Mac or Windows operating system. Your wired printer should have an Ethernet port or a USB cable that you can use to connect directly to your router. When possible, choose the Ethernet cable since these cables are typically more compatible.

prschatz 21:12 29 Aug 2018

I downloaded the file to configure the MAC, it just didn't work. The printer only had a USB cable so that's what I went with. Thank you Maria.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs