Wired printer to wireless setup

prschatz 16:01 26 Aug 2018

I have a Brother HL 2140 laser printer which I would like to set up to use via my wireless router. I have not been to get it working, though it works with wired set up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chuck

wee eddie 19:27 26 Aug 2018

As far as I can see it's USB only

BRYNIT 07:19 27 Aug 2018

As wee eddie has said your printer uses USB and is not WIFI capable. If your router is capable of connecting a USB device have a read of method 1 from CLICK HERE if it does not have a USB connection read method 3.

prschatz 06:38 29 Aug 2018

I appreciate the go at it. Couldn't get the printer to show up on the router page, the MAC utility I needed for the router had some upgrade message so I assume Netgear hasn't fixed the bug yet. Thanks.

Maria Kaylene 17:56 29 Aug 2018

To enable it on a wireless set up, you need to complete a basic configuration on your Mac or Windows operating system. Your wired printer should have an Ethernet port or a USB cable that you can use to connect directly to your router. When possible, choose the Ethernet cable since these cables are typically more compatible.

prschatz 21:12 29 Aug 2018

I downloaded the file to configure the MAC, it just didn't work. The printer only had a USB cable so that's what I went with. Thank you Maria.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm commits to cheaper connected laptops with Snapdragon 7c & 8c

Artists fight back against bots stealing their work to sell

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles pas chères (2019)