Where are emails stored on MYMAC

HondaMan 15:22 29 Oct 2019

Can anybody please tell me where "on my Mac" emails are stored. I need to retrieve from my backup several which have been lost?

Thanks in hopeful advance

Pine Man 15:26 29 Oct 2019

click here above looks good but I run Catalina and it shows V7 instead of V6

The

Pine Man 15:46 29 Oct 2019

HM

I just did a test by creating a mail box in On My Mac and was able to find it using the info from that link.

It is definitely there, complete with the contents, but I'm not sure how you restore it.

Don't forget that Library is a hidden folder.

Pine Man 15:51 29 Oct 2019

HM

Me again.

When you find the mail you want, on Catalina it's an emix file, just right click and select Open with.....Mail.

HondaMan 17:55 29 Oct 2019

Hi, PM

Unfortunately the link does not work.

Pine Man 18:36 29 Oct 2019

HM

Must have broke!

All you need to do is open the, hidden, Library folder and look for the Mail folder. In that you will find other folders and the one you want is probably either V6 or V7. In that folder are other folders with meaningless titles but, in my case, the folder above Mail Data contains a folder called On My Mac, which contains the emix files. If it's not there you should find it within one of the other folders.

Good luck.

x13 19:51 29 Oct 2019

Found this Link but have no idea if useful.

CamilaSaunders 06:36 30 Oct 2019

It's withing the the folder itself. Check these following steps -

1) Open a new Finder window or click on the desktop of your Mac.

2) Select Go in the menu bar and Go to Folder from the menu. You can also press Command > Shift > G to open this window.

3) If you're running mac OS Mojave, type ~/Library/Mail/V6. 4) Select Go.

HondaMan 15:48 30 Oct 2019

Thank you all for your assistance. Unfortunately the files which I am seeking cannot be located.

Pine Man 15:51 30 Oct 2019

Sorry to here that.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique