What year was this MacBook Pro released?

Charlotte Brett 14:12 05 Mar 2018

Came across a reputable website selling a MacBook Pro I want, but it doesn't state what year it was released. Can anyone help? Here are the specs listed:

Display: 13" LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology

Screen resolution: 2560x1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colours

Supported scaled resolutions: 1680x1050; 1440x900; 1024x640

Processor: dual core Intel Core i5 processor

Memory: 8GB RAM

Hard disk drive: 256GB PCle-based flash storage

Graphics/sound card: Intel Iris Graphics 640

Operating system: macOS Sierra

Wireless connectivity: 802.11ac Wi Fi wireless networking; Bluetooth 4.2

Sound: bulit-in stereo speakers

Camera: FaceTime HD camera with up to 720p HD quality

Keyboard: Full-size backlit keyboard with: 64 (US) or 65 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys

Trackpad: Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures

Battery: up to 10 hours wireless web, up to 10 hours film playback, up to 30 days standby time

Software included: Mac App Store, Safari, Mail, Messages, Calender, Contacts, Reminders, Notes, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Game Center, iTunes, iLife (iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand) and more

Laptop (h x w x d): 1.5cm x 30.4cm x 21.2cm (0.6" x 11.9" x 8.4") Weight: 1.37 kg

Thankyou in advance!

Pine Man 16:20 05 Mar 2018

QVC - fourth generation dual-core i5 processor

J Lewis - Seventh generation........

It's an old machine.

bremner 17:57 05 Mar 2018

John Lewis were very recently offering 12 months interest free on MacBooks. The new 256GB SSD model is £1399 only £1 more than the QVC one.

You likely to quickly fill the 128GB and need external storage.

Charlotte Brett 20:19 05 Mar 2018

I contacted QVC and they said it was a 'newer model'. I'm guessing 2016 - 2017 because it's got the new body.

Pine Man 20:39 05 Mar 2018

It’s up to you. As far as I am concerned the age given is too vague and doesn’t stack up with its contents. In addition you could get the same mac more up to date from JL for £200 less. Or as bremner points out the very latest Mac with a better spec for the same price. Only you can decide if you want to pay £200 more in instalments for an older machine which I have doubts about. Let us know how you get on and if you go for QVC I hope it turns out ok.

BRYNIT 07:44 06 Mar 2018

You just need the Model number and go to the apple website CLICK HERE this will tell you what year it was on sale.

Charlotte Brett 14:01 06 Mar 2018

They finally replied and updated the description!! Link here! Thanks for your help!

Pine Man 16:24 06 Mar 2018

At least you know what model it is now and you can shop around for a GOOD deal.

You will also see how they can afford to give you 'freebies' like easy payments and tech support - because it's £400 dearer than on the high street at Currys!

Good luck and happy shopping:-)

HondaMan 09:32 07 Mar 2018

Look at it more simply. Buy it; click on the apple icon, in the top left of the screen. If you don't like what you see, send it back. Guessing, even with help from this forum, will not give the correct answer!

Forum Editor 10:02 07 Mar 2018

Before making a decision to purchase from an online seller, it's always a good idea to do some research.

Take a look at this, for instance.

Charlotte Brett 10:13 07 Mar 2018

Oh wow... maybe I won't purchase from there then!! Eeek!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Razer Blade Pro 17 review

Enter graphic design heaven with these vintage Japanese posters

When is the next Apple event, and what should we expect?

Les meilleures applications pour Android (2019)