Using WD MyCloud with Icloud photos

Sunshineonaday 17:33 01 Jul 2018

I apologise in advance. I really haven’t a clue what I’m doing but I’ve purchased a My Cloud 2TB so that I can get my photos from icloud onto it.

The reason I wish to do this, is that I would like to create a photobook via photobox or similar. Photobox doesn't work with icloud and you have to download the photos from icloud first to your mac before uploading them to photobox. I just don't have the room to do this, hence the reason why I have my photos in icloud to start with.

I have tried to upload my photo library from icloud. Firstly, there seems to be no way of telling how many photos have been uploaded. Given that, I tested for a certain photo to find and I can’t find it on the WD Mycloud but it’s still there on icloud. So I am guessing that about 2/3rds of my photos have been uploaded.

I have tried uploading from an Ipad and Iphone via the app. I then went on to try and upload just an album via the app. Only 18 photos of 78 were uploaded. I tried again and another few photos uploaded but not all of them.

Just for reference I’ve put everything into folders and set my auto-timer to never too.

If I try and upload from my Mac and select the folder I want from icloud photos, well I just get the little timer thing whirring around when I select the album I would like to upload.

I am finding this extremely frustrating. Apologies but I still hope that someone can help me.

Forum Editor 16:13 03 Jul 2018

Take a look at this, and follow the instructions to the letter. Remember that 'Clouds' are just drive locations - you are moving image files from one drive location to another.

Sunshineonaday 15:01 08 Jul 2018

Thank you! A belated thanks but thank you anyway.

wee eddie 22:11 08 Jul 2018

Are you planning to use the WD Drive as a NAS Drive?

This is not something I really know about so, others may tell us that I'm talking rubbish.

The files/photos that you have stored in the Cloud will remain there until you delete them.

I'm driving the Taxi now so I'll post a bit at a time

wee eddie 22:43 08 Jul 2018

Because of the relatively slow speed of downloads, better to do so in smallish batches.

You will tben be able to see what has downloaded.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?