Upgrade to High Sierra From El Capitan

Darren1276 18:20 17 May 2018

I have just bought a MacBook and it has El Capitan version of OS X installed on it, what I want to know is the upgrade to High Sierra worth it and is it safe? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you, Darren

Pine Man 18:45 17 May 2018

I have updated from Sierra to High Sierra and prior to that from Yosemite to El Capitan. I have had no problems whatsoever with any of the upgrades at all.

There have now been four updates to High Sierra so I think it is now reasonable to assume that it is safe.

Is it worth it? Well I have found the upgrade to be worth it but a lot depends on your needs and the other software you use.

My view, for what it is worth, is that if your device is capable of being upgraded without any ill effects then I can see no reason why not to.

HondaMan 20:43 17 May 2018

I agree with Pine Man, but see this first:

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Frida Kahlo's life, art and legacy explored in Google's new giant online collection and app

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?