Trouble with printing since upgrading to Sierra

artycrafty41 17:45 11 Jan 2017

Has anyone had the same trouble as I seem to be having since upgrading to Sierra. I was printing a photo and it came out with half the photo missing and looking really weird and it said a filter had failed. I then tried printing in another program some clipart and it printed looking like some abstract art. I got in touch with Canon as I thought it was my printer and was told to take it to one of their repair people. I went out and bought a new latest model printer and the same thing has happened with that. It states every time that a filter has failed. It seems too much of a coincidence for 2 printers to have the same problem and I had used two different programs so it looks like it could be the update as it happen straight after I had upgraded. Help.

Pine Man 18:46 11 Jan 2017

This is a well documented problem as a Google search will reveal.

Canon have been aware of this for some time and have released a new set of drivers.

Suggest you have a look at the Canon site and, specifically, your model of printer.

I did have the problem and the updated drivers resolved it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)