Hot Topics

Trouble downloading new ant-virus software

sm6davies 23:49 13 Mar 2020

Hi,

I downloaded a new Norton anti-virus software today ,when trying to install it I received an error message saying that i had to uninstall and old version of McAfee. When i went to uninstall the McAfee my computer wouldn't do it as i have upgraded the OS and the uninstaller needed to be updated, I tried to find an updater but couldn't locate one...

So i just moved the McAfee app and uninstaller to the Bin and emptied....when i tried to re-install Norton its still saying McAfee is there....

what can i do??

Cheers

Pine Man 10:51 14 Mar 2020

You might want to read this before worrying too much about AV programs.

click here

bremner 10:51 14 Mar 2020

Go to the Mac section of this link click here and remove it via Terminal

wee eddie 17:19 15 Mar 2020

Just to explain something, which will sound logical/obvious once you know it.

Almost all Anti Virus Programs try to protect themselves against being deleted by a Villain/Virus, who find that they get in their way!

To do this, most AV's require that, in order to be deleted them, the Owner/User needs to visit the AV's home Site and download a piece of Software that is specifically designed to remove the program.

Now you know ~ Rock on!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei P40 Review

Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months

New iPhone SE could launch 'as early as today'

Les meilleures offres gratuites pendant la période de confinement