Hot Topics

Transfer Whole Flack'd CD to ipod touch

DrLion 12:25 01 May 2020

Just given ipod touch 16GB. My classical music CD collection is stored on NAS as Flac files. All I want to do is transfer a few "Flac CDs" to the ipod, select which is to play all through, and listen. This was easy on my old player - connect over USB, drag and drop CD folders from PC, locate CD's folder on the device with "Files" and . The device would then play the CD's folder contents in order, whether Flac music or mp3'd book (no need to learn about tagging either)

I have no wish to store anything on the ipod, just change the few CD's now and then. I have no need of playlists, songs, artists and all the other paraphenalia. How can I transfer CDs,transcoded to ALAC to appropriately manually named folders, select one and play the contents on this device? Ipod/itunes Guides ignore this possibility, or disguise it well! Is ther some other software that can do this?

(Win 10 + updates itunes latest, on line guides)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Why you can't get the Windows 10 May update yet

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Upcoming 11in iPad Air to switch Lightning for USB-C

Déconfinement : tout savoir sur l’application StopCovid