Transfer photos from iPad(air) to Windows 8.1 PC

Yimbo 11:41 29 Jun 2017
Answered

I've taken some photos for the first time on my iPad - all looking good - but I would like to have them available on my Windows 8.! PC. How do I go about transferring them, please.

Pine Man 13:00 29 Jun 2017

You connect your iPad to your PC with the USB lead that is used by your iPad charger. Once connected iPad should act like another drive in Windows Explorer. Double click on that and you should get a DCIM folder which contains the folders that contain your photos.

Yimbo 14:51 29 Jun 2017

Thank you Pine Man. I followed your advice, and it did the job! I appreciate your help. However, and sorry to trouble you further, but while my iPad was connected to my PC, a lot of the photos in "My Pictures" were somehow downloaded on to my iPad. I've tried, but can't find a "delete" button. How can I remove these unwanted photos from iPad?

john bunyan 14:57 29 Jun 2017

On my iPhone you highlight photos men touch the dustbin symbol appears in the bottom right hand corner.

Pine Man 15:02 29 Jun 2017
Answer

Pleased it worked for you.

In theory you should be able to delete them using the method shown above or, while connected to your PC, delete them as you would any other file.

Yimbo 17:27 29 Jun 2017

Thank you! Got it now! I appreciate your assistance.

AndersonPett 09:38 05 Jul 2017

transfering photos from Ipad to Windows and vice versa may take many time if you using Explorer or Itunes. I would recommend you Itool (or Itools, i don't remember exactly the name) :D It's faster and easier.

eulla 05:01 21 Sep 2017

To transfer photos from iPad to Windows PC, here I'd like to show you five methods about how to transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 7/8/10.

Part 1: How to Import Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 7

Part 2: Import Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 8 and 10 via Photo Apps

Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with Google Photos

Part 4: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with Dropbox

Part 5: Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with iPhone Transfer Software

eulla 05:02 21 Sep 2017

To transfer photos from iPad to Windows PC, here I'd like to show you five methods about how to transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 7/8/10.

Part 1: How to Import Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 7

Part 2: Import Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 8 and 10 via Photo Apps

Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with Google Photos

Part 4: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with Dropbox

Part 5: Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with iPhone Transfer Software

Ryan Stevens 12:29 22 Sep 2017

Try yo use Syncios software. Its really great software to transfer data from iPhone and Android to your system. Hope it will also work on iPad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?