Syncing Problems MacPro & Iphone5C-Yahoo and Notes

jayboro 00:09 26 Nov 2015

I've never had any problems previously, but for whatever reason under recent updates i've got all sorts of sync problems between my macbook Pro and my iPhone 5c. None of the following ever used to be a problem and i don't do anything differently. Now, if i send an email on yahoo on my macbook or my phone, it does not show up on the other. But incoming email shows on both.

Also, if i add notes to either mac or phone, they no longer appear on the other. Once again, this was never a problem previously. Its driving me nuts and I have no idea whats going on. The whole point of using Apple products to me was the seamless flow of info (syncing) between them all.

Can anyone help?

Macworld 10:36 26 Nov 2015

What version of iOS are you running - did you update to iOS 9? If you did, the iCloud issue with Notes might be because you have updated the iPhone to iOS 9 but the Mac hasn't been updated to El Capitan, in El Capitan and iOS 9 the way Notes synced has changed, it's all over iCloud now (it didn't used to work like that).

I wonder if updating might fix the Mail issue too, if that's what's happened.

jayboro 11:54 26 Nov 2015

Thanks for the reply. I have IOS 9 on my phone and not El Capitan on my MacBook. To be honest I'm a bit nervy about updating the Mac OS system. I've done it in the past and lots of apps such as YIM stopped working so at great pain I reverted back to Mountain Lion

Govan1x 12:58 26 Nov 2015

Old 2nd hand iPhone 4s which works Ok. Put a Virgin sim card in it to make sure it would work added contacts etc and then decided to get a sim only deal from Virgin.

They are sending a new sim out today what I would like to know is there any way I can save the contacts without having to install them all again.

Govan1x 12:59 26 Nov 2015

Oops sorry meant to open a new thread please ignore Last post.

Macworld 10:10 27 Nov 2015

Jayboro - that's your issue, until you update to El Capitan you won't be able to sync your Notes between the phone and Mac... There may be a way to get them to sync the old way but I need to check how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?