Startup disk missing can’t boot

Evobeck 21:31 03 Dec 2019

Yesterday I was having issues with my mail app not connecting, so i decided to do a restore..I’ve only had machine few weeks so wasn’t much to back up.

did the erase hd function fine via command r. Got to screen to install and set up a new copy of lion. logged in with Appleid. Then got error message saying temporary unavailable.

and now I’m stuck.

Ive tried creating a bootable usb with Mac OS X installed in, but when I power up and press option, nothing happens, I cannot access the startup to click the usb.

Whether I press command r or command alt r, I still get taken to internet recovery and lion option, which doesn’t do anything.

At a loss now...!! Please can anyone help, tell me what I’m doing wrong

also, when I click on the base system disk, every option in first aid is grayed out. Not sure if relevant?

also would a wired keyboard make a difference??

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Last Chance: Win an Honor Band 5

Acclaimed illustrator James Jean's comic book past gets celebrated in new book

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !