Some help with iTunes queries, please!!!

Housten 12:27 17 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen, I have had some problems with iTunes lately. Whilst searching through my hard drive I was in 'C:\Users...' and was looking through my name, when I found an iTunes folder and it seemed to have all my albums in it!! I did not ask iTunes to do this so I am assuming that it did it automatically. I had placed all my albums in the iTunes folder, so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what this additional folder is for!!!

And that brings me to my second question!!! iTunes told me a week or more ago that there was an update ready for it. So I accepted the update, BUT it then kept telling me that it was not set up to synch tunes to my iPod. I tried several things but eventually I deleted iTunes and then downloaded and installed the new update and it seems to be working OK. However when I was looking through the 'Help' section - about a week before the upgrade - I noticed that there was a section called 'Backup'. I have looked through the new version and can not find anything about it at all!!!! Can anyone tell me where I can find this 'Backup' as I would find it very useful!!! Or is the additional folder I found in 'C:\Users....' the backup that it is doing automatically? Can it be moved to another drive/partition as my 'C:\' drive is getting fairly full!!!!

Any and all replies will be very gratefully received. Thank you.

mgmcc 17:53 17 Apr 2018

I found an iTunes folder and it seemed to have all my albums in it!! I did not ask iTunes to do this so I am assuming that it did it automatically. I had placed all my albums in the iTunes folder, so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what this additional folder is for!!!

Not sure what you mean here, are there two iTunes folders within your C:\Users...?

Can it be moved to another drive/partition as my 'C:\' drive is getting fairly full!!!!

In the Windows version of iTunes you can select where iTunes stores its media by going to:

Edit > Preferences, select the Advanced tab and click Change to select a different location.

Can anyone tell me where I can find this 'Backup' as I would find it very useful!!!

Is it possible that, in your previous installation, you had created a backup of your iPod?

Housten 14:50 19 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, mgmcc, There is only one ITunes folder in C:\Users. Being stupid and naïve I had assumed my albums were in the main iTunes folder. I will move the albums to where I want them as per pour advice, thank you. I did not create a backup for my iPod, that is what I wanted to do!!!!

Many thanks for your reply.

Housten 16:58 19 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, AGAIN!!, mgmcc, I am really sorry to trouble you again, but if I thought I had a problem before.............. After reading your reply I went and changed where the albums should be stored, but none were transferred!! I then realised that it would only be any further albums I would that would be stored in the new location. However I think it was yesterday - when I was in the middle of something - that an iTunes update appeared. I ignored it, and over the last few days I have also mucked up my iPod. It used to tell me that I had over 2200 songs on it, now it is telling me that I have 505. Furthermore when I thought I would sync it with my desktop computer, the programme said it was fully sync'd!!! What I hope you can confirm as being my best course of action is to move all my albums to a completely separate location, delete iTunes completely, then download and install the latest ITunes programme, change the location as you suggest, use my wife's laptop to delete all the albums from my iPod, copy all my albums to the new iTunes programme, and then sync my iPod so that all my albums - about 2400+ tunes - are then sync'd on to it. Do you think a) this is a reasonable way to go and b) would you recommend this or c) suggest another way entirely. I really am sorry for being such a pain but I do not know what else to do. many thanks in anticipation of your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)