Slow MacBook Pro after updating OS

Stephen1986 16:44 03 Nov 2019
Answered

Hi, I have had my Apple MacBook Pro for a couple of years and I always kept the same OS that came with the Mac. Recently I decided to update to Mac OS Catalina but found that this OS was not compatible with a game I wanted to play on steam. I decided to downgrade to OS Mojave and it has made my laptop super slow now even tho the laptop is empty except for steam which I have reinstalled. Does anyone have any advice/ tips on how to make my laptop run at normal speed again??

rardjaink 14:42 05 Nov 2019
Answer

hi :) bross :)

Stephen1986 18:41 07 Nov 2019

Surely somebody has encountered a similar problem before

bremner 18:13 09 Nov 2019

How did you downgrade it to Mojave was it a complete refresh install?

bremner 18:14 09 Nov 2019

fresh install

Stephen1986 18:17 11 Nov 2019

Hi Bremner. I used a video I found on youtube and deleted Catalina using the terminal and installed Mac OS Mojave from a usb stick. I created an additional partition on my Mac. I got the video from the youtube user called HowToISolve. Thanks for your reply

bremner 06:52 12 Nov 2019

If you hold down the option key when you start the machine how many drives does it show and what are they called

rardjaink 11:07 13 Nov 2019

posso usare l'italiano or english

Stephen1986 18:51 13 Nov 2019

When I start the Mac up and push Alt it shows 3 drives: Macintosh HD_data, Macintosh HD and Mac OS Mojave partition. The Mojave partition I created myself and is a 100GB in size. Thanks for your reply!

bremner 21:52 13 Nov 2019

Can you boot from the Mac HD drive as well at the Mojave drive?/

Stephen1986 23:10 14 Nov 2019

If I try to boot from the Mac HD Drive it just keeps restarting the Mac after a couple of seconds and doesn't boot up. The Macintosh HD_Data drive it boots it to OS Catalina which I thought I had deleted. Cheers for your reply!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best TV streaming services: Netflix vs Amazon Prime vs Disney+ and more

The art projects making this 2019 General Election more bearable

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

R├ępondez au sondage Tech Advisor 2019 et gagnez un Galaxy Note 10