Setting Up An apple Email Account

morddwyd 13:04 26 Oct 2019

I am not really at home on my iPad Pro and I have physical problems which make it difficult for me to stumble round!

How do I check if I have, or set up if I don't have,an Apple email account?

I have no problem accessing my Yahoo and Gmail accounts on the iPad but I want a clean, discrete, Apple account.

john bunyan 13:09 26 Oct 2019

Create Apple id

john bunyan 13:12 26 Oct 2019

Sorry, posted in error- will reply later, but in principle you use one of your e mails as user name and create a password as user id. They like to send a confirmation to a smartphone

morddwyd 15:31 27 Oct 2019

Thanks, JB, I have confirmed that's what I have while setting, so I have a usable Apple ID, but how do I get an email address?

john bunyan 16:09 27 Oct 2019

morddwyd

Here is a link, if you want one but you don’t have to have one to use iPads or I phones. You can use ICloud via your Apple ID linked to the appropriate e mail

Apple

Forum Editor 16:10 27 Oct 2019

If you already have an Apple ID it will be associated with an email address which you supplied when you set it up.

To do what you want to do, click here

Forum Editor 16:11 27 Oct 2019

Advice in stereo.

morddwyd 09:39 28 Oct 2019

Thank you FE.

I do already have an Apple ID set up with an email address. I was looking to set up an iCpoud address.

I have already explored your Apple link pretty fully but came to the conclusion that the facility is no longer available.

However, I will explore your second link later on.

jaritch 11:35 28 Oct 2019

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Les bons plans TV (2019)