Hot Topics

Scanning using canon IJ utility on iMac

Quentin 11:39 04 Jun 2020

Hi, Was wondering if anyone else had had problems scanning on the iMac using the canon scanning utility? mine worked fine yesterday then today I had a corrupt or missing file or something wrong in settings message I have downloaded the drivers etc from the Canon website but still having the same message come up. Sitting here feeling so frustrated. How can it work fine one day and not the next? I have turned everything off and on again (the extent of my tech knowledge) and now I am stuck. I have the latest Catalina OS ... any advice apart from throwing the damn thing through the nearest window? Thanks!

Pine Man 13:08 04 Jun 2020

I have had that problem for a long time on and off. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!

A workaround I use when it isn't working is as follows:- Open settings, Open Printers & Scanners. Top right select Scan then, below it select Open Scanner. Select your preferences to the right of the scan area.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Apple updates the 27-inch iMac for 2020 with 10th-gen chips and a new screen

Greg Joswiak replaces Phil Schiller as Apple SVP of Marketing

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)