right click on mac os x

Lord Justice 20:10 29 Nov 2006

Hello all,

Well to cut a long story short, we now have a Mac in the house (ibook or something) as I had to use my computer, (with SUSE 10.1 linux, very good might I add, all sorts of powerful applications) anyway I do not wish to bore you so i took that and used it for work and my wife therefore wanted a new computer at home, and she went and bought a Macintosh for use at home.

Personally I do not like OS X that much, I find it slow to start off applications and most importantly for me, I do not like the fact that you cannot right click, I know sounds daft but believe me I find it so much more time consuming, well I dont think you can.

That is why I have posted here today, as I would like to be able to right click! I find the control+click very annoying.

I have tried searching Google, but to no avail.

Could anyone please help me with this or am I fighting a loosing battle?

Kind Regards

Ryan

Kate B 20:16 29 Nov 2006

You can right-click: you need to enable under Mouse and Keyboard in system preferences, and of course you need a mouse that has a right-click. The Mighty Mouse that comes with a Mac these days has a right-click function.

powerless 20:25 29 Nov 2006

Or hold down the Ctrl key and left click the mouse for a right click content menu.

p.s iBooks use old IBM PowerPC chips, go to an Apple Store and take a look at the Intel Macs for speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?