Refresh rate for a MAC 1780

Diemmess 15:56 15 Feb 2005

I understand the perils of setting too high a refresh rate for the monitor. ........ A TFT (MAC 1780) bought as an "own brand offer" a couple of years ago. Uses a GeForce Mx440 and W2000.

I have been using the default 60K, and though the monitor has behaved impeccably, my aging eyes have responded badly to a succession of needs to spend more time than usual in front of it.

Using Display Properties, I have set the refresh rate to the maximum 75, a figure shown in the Aide32 report as just inside the monitor range.

Will I spoil a beautiful friendship with this monitor if I leave it like that, or am I just doing what I should have done a long time ago?

Diemmess 17:36 15 Feb 2005

^

Diemmess 09:44 16 Feb 2005

Nothing has fizzed yet!

Jeffers22 10:03 16 Feb 2005

My understanding of TFT monitors is that they operate best at the built in native refresh rate and resolution.

My LG1710B menu reveals the following:

1280 X 1024 @ 60 mhz

Preset Mode

DVI Digital

Diemmess 10:14 16 Feb 2005

I agree that the native high resolution is a must, but this faster refresh rate seems to generate no problem at all.

I think, deep down that if a refresh rate is faster, then "something must be working harder" leading to a shorter working life. Perhaps that is nonsense with a TFT monitor..... hence my original post!....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?