Hot Topics

Reccomendation for wi fi charger for iphone

john bunyan 09:04 26 May 2020
Answered

Having just bought a iPhone SE 2020 I am looking for a wi fi charger. There are plenty around on Amazon etc , but I was advised by my excellent repair guy that some run hot - he thought that the Samsung ones ran cooler. I would be grateful for suggestions for a suitable wi fi charger that, hopefully runs cooler than some. I think such a charger will reduce wear and tear on the lightening port.

john bunyan 20:13 26 May 2020

PS

Your tester is dearer than the charger! Thanks for the input however

wee eddie 20:15 26 May 2020

Sorry JB but, you did say that you gat a Pad with each of your devices

wee eddie 20:30 26 May 2020

15:34 ~ I certainly got pad and power supply with both my devices

bremner 21:11 26 May 2020

wee eddie

That was me

wee eddie 06:50 27 May 2020

Many apologies JB, but this has opened another question.

Why should Apple sell iPhones, that are enabled for Wireless Charging, without the necessary pads?

john bunyan 07:32 27 May 2020

*wee eddie *

I suppose that Apple think the normal plug in charger is OK. Some iPhones won’t work with wireless chargers- the new SE and models after the 8 do as they have a toughened glass back. Also to help in waterproofing they use the lightening socket for headphones- they do supply those but you need an adapter to use ones with a 3.5 m plug,

wee eddie 07:57 27 May 2020

I believe that for Wireless Charging to work, Induction Coils have to be built into the recipient Product, which would be an expensive process. OF course, I may have totally misunderstood the process.

Are you sure that your phones have Wireless Charging enabled?

john bunyan 17:27 27 May 2020

*wee eddie *

Have a read:

wireless charging

wee eddie 17:51 27 May 2020

The only thing that that told me was that some manufacturers have been building Induction Loops into their phones for several years. That I did not know.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

For Microsoft, 2020 is a year of profound change

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

First glimpse of iPhone 12 packaging

Coronavirus : quel type de masque acheter et où le trouver en ligne ?