Problems with Phone app on iPhone X

anchanjerica 22:51 16 Jul 2018

hello, On my iPhone X I am having the following issue when making a phone call from the native iPhone phone app.

I am unable to hang up. The red hang up button is visible but does not activate when pressed. I have to wait until the other party hangs up or reset my phone in order to end the call.

I am unable to switch apps when in the phone app. When I swipe up during a phone call, the other running apps are visible but if I try to switch apps the screen goes blank and it is not possible to regain focus i.e. the screen remains blank until the call ends.

I have found similar reported issues with regards to the red hang up button not being visible (the green button is visible instead), but I have not found anyone having the same issues that I am having.

Is there anyone else there with the same issues?

jaritch 15:01 18 Jul 2018

Phone Apple.

thefonestuff 06:28 24 Jul 2018

I think you should get this checked at an Apple Store. I know someone who had a somewhat similar problem. He coudn't end the call sometimes. So he had to lock the phone, unlock it and only the red button would start working.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

This new tool dramatically improves workflow between designers and developers

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)