Hot Topics

Photos won't import when my phone is plugged in

becca123 14:06 03 Aug 2019

When I plug my phone into my computer, often nothing happens. I have it set to open Photos when I have my phone plugged in, but most of the time it doesn't. If it does, it shows that my phone is indeed connected, but on the right where all of my 2000+ new photos are supposed to show up to import, it is completely blank. It doesn't even say "no photos." Just blank. I've tried closing Photos, shutting my computer off, restarting it, and it's always the same. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro running on Sierra. help. Thank you.

Pine Man 15:09 03 Aug 2019

When you plug your iphone in with a usb lead photos should open but it doesn't always do that so open it manually.

Select File from the Top Menu and then select Import. Now you should be able to transfer photos from your iphone to your mac.

You can download selected photos by holding down the command key on your keyboard while clicking all the photos you want to transfer, then click Review for Import.

becca123 15:38 03 Aug 2019

Unfortunately this only gives me the option to import photos that are already on my computer, not the ones on my phone.

Pine Man 15:42 03 Aug 2019

Sorry that should be how it works. Can you not just upload them via iCloud?

becca123 17:12 03 Aug 2019

I’m not sure how to do that. I thought if they were in iCloud then they were just on all of your devices automatically but that isn’t the case, with my photos at least.

Pine Man 18:00 03 Aug 2019

If you have an icloud account you can upload your pictures to the cloud and they will be available on all your devices. You can download the full files to wherever you decide.

If you take this route make sure you have enough space in iCloud as it starts at only 5GB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huge discounts across Microsoft, HP, Acer & Asus in Amazon Summer Sale

The Best Keyboards for Designers and Artists

Appification is the real threat to the Mac

Bon plan Amazon : l’aspirateur robot RoboVac L70 Hybrid de Eufy à 379,99 €