Photos not syncing from iPhone to MacBook

robbochris 09:29 16 Apr 2018

I have MacBook Air, iPhone 5s and iPad all synced with same Apple ID. Since latest update on MacBook last week, photos from phone to MacBook not happening. Photos still going from phone to iPad. Checked ID password, and think I have checked that the correct boxes are ticked on iCloud, but need advice. Thanks

bremner 17:41 16 Apr 2018

This has affected many, including me since the iOS 11 update. Apple have promised a fix but no sign of such as yet.

robbochris 19:14 16 Apr 2018

Thanks for your reply.

robbochris 10:09 17 Apr 2018

Thanks for your reply. To do this, I guess I go into 'Import', but when I look at the menu, my phone/ipad do not appear under 'Devices'. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I seem to be able to send photos from my phone to a specific 'Shared Album', and then this appears in Photos. It was all so much easier when they just appeared!
Thanks again

avensis18 21:26 18 Apr 2018

The Photos app lets you import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac without using the iCloud Photo Library.

ShowBoxLucky PatcherKodi

Baserpper 11:03 16 May 2018

You can try a few more ways to do

Kelly852 12:40 28 Jun 2018

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > your name > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos. On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library. On your Windows PC, download iCloud for Windows then set up iCloud Photo Library.

Kelly852 12:42 28 Jun 2018

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > your name > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos. On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library. On your Windows PC, download iCloud for Windows then set up iCloud Photo Library.

motioninjoy 08:08 30 Jun 2018

Thank you for this article. It really helpful for me. Now i can easily stream videos, movies, and others from showbox on my Mac.

Guest 1234512738 09:50 09 Jul 2018

Hello there! I've experienced this too however, I wasn't able to fix the issue. I tried to use an application and found this guide that shows different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)