Pc to Mac external hard drive

Cazmo keyzo 17:58 19 Nov 2017

Hi I have a laptop with windows and I am going to buy an Apple MacBook, I have a toshiba external hard drive with 24000 photos on it will I be able to view these on the Mac or do I have to format the hard drive. If I have to format it do I have to remove the photos first? I need help not sure at all

jaritch 07:06 20 Nov 2017

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to view them. I work between a windows Pc at work and a mac at home and often via usb stick move files around although haven't tried with photos. If you format the drive with the photos still on it they will be wiped.

Cazmo keyzo 08:40 20 Nov 2017

Thank you I will be getting the Mac this week hopefully. This puts my mind at rest �I was just very worried as I have 30000 photos

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?