Hot Topics

OS X Yosemite install iMac A1311 late 2009 wo OS

Phoenix1969 22:25 12 May 2020

Hello forumers

I was given a beautiful vintage A1311 EMC 2551 serial # W801829Q5PC

It has no operating OS and it boots into Disk Utilities last it had wasYosemite 10.10 but I can't reinstall from the Internet it goes This Item is not currently available Please try again later.....later never happens...I think my Apple ID is not linked to the Yosemite installed �I am new again to apple after being away for a while...I love Apple

I can see a Recovery HD partition and there is an com. apple.???.boot folder in that but I am struggling to get to know how to how to access that despite following many articles on how to recover using recovery.

I have also managed to download (from this iMac) via the online help the Yosemite 10.10 InstallMac OS. dmg file which unpacked to InstallMac OSX.pkg which unpacks to Install OS.ESD ( I may have some syntax error for those fields but this is the sequence. I am stuck as to how to go further as this ESD has subfolders and is not an executable....

I feels tantalisingly close to being doable but I am not familiar with the interface being a PC user for so long now....

May I please ask for some direction from a iMac interface aficionado who would like to help me breath life into this beautiful machine. I am an Apple fan just not in the financial bracket to afford a new on at present. I did my first degree on one of the original iMacs and so this is a sentimental reunion with Apple tech for me.

Any help would be appreciated

T-Bird

Terry Foxx 13:02 25 May 2020

Just google USB Yosemite install disk. There's plenty out there including a decent how-to on Apple's own support pages.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Why you can't get the Windows 10 May update yet

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Upcoming 11in iPad Air to switch Lightning for USB-C

Déconfinement : tout savoir sur l’application StopCovid