Older OS on my Sierra iMac

VicMar 09:07 08 Jan 2019

I need one of El Capitan's facilities on my iMac which is running Sierra. Is there a way to install El Capitan in a HD partition? Each time I try my iMac says my iMac is incompatible.

HondaMan 13:23 08 Jan 2019

I would suggest Parallels Desktop, or VMWares products

Jollyjohn 13:52 08 Jan 2019

or VirtualBox - it is available for a Mac. Don't forget the Additions pack. I have used this on a Linux box to run assorted Windows installations and test peripherals on each.

VicMar 17:27 08 Jan 2019

Thanks for both of the above suggestions. I'll see if I can get what I need that way. I'll report back.

Cheers, Vic

vikranth22 11:35 21 Feb 2019

hii, its not good .so make update the mac and follow the steps to complete the update by screenshot and u also make screenshots to memeber what u did . if don't know how to make screenshots follow this link to make it easy click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7 Pro review

Chip sauce inks and the world's largest letterpress made for new book on northern identity

iPhone XR 2019 release date, price & specs rumours

Comment faire une sauvegarde de son PC ?