Network Unlocking iPhone 8 Plus

MrGrumppy 17:51 26 Feb 2018

Hello Has anybody had any issues trying to unlock a iPhone 8 plus? im trying to network unlock my phone my network provider are telling that Apple haven't released any codes to unlock. Apple are telling me that its down to my service provider Thanks MG

Forum Editor 14:50 27 Feb 2018

These phones are not unlocked with codes, it is done remotely via the Apple servers, and there are two methods you can try.

First,insert a SIM card from a different network (make sure the SIM is not PIN protected).

Then start your phone and turn on WiFi. The phone should download a small software update, and then it will be unlocked - it will work on any network.

If that method isn't successful...

Still with the same new SIM, connect the phone to your computer and launch iTunes. The small software update should be downloaded and installed, and the phone should be unlocked.

mrcalif 16:17 27 Feb 2018

Sorry I fail to see how the above will work if the iPhone is locked to a Network Provider.

The only reliable way is to contact your Provider and they will in turn contact Apple and request the IMEI of the device to be unlocked thus enabling you to use any sim.

click here only thing the above will do is download a Carrier Update but your device needs to be Network unlocked first.

The

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?