My Keyboard Doesn't Work Right

Jack 20:13 30 Jul 2019

My Magic, wireless keyboard stopped typing certain letters and numbers. They are ijklmou and 789. I had to dig out an old wired keyboard from my garage to type this. I went to the Apple store and bought a new keyboard for $99.00. I took it home, found that it was wired and attached it to my computer. It took the computer 15 minutes to locate the keyboard. When it finished, I opened a document and began typing. I still had no ijklmou or 789. Called Apple Care and they had me trying a number of different things to correct it. In SAFE mode only, the keyboard was fine. Sounds like either an APP or Program I have is causing it but only on the Magic Keyboards. Has anyone else had the same problem and what did it take to fix it?

bremner 06:54 31 Jul 2019

What OS are you running?

bremner 06:59 31 Jul 2019

Have a look at this Click here and follow the instructions re Accessibility at "Mouse Keys and its modern usage"

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)