my 4th gen ipod wont connect to some inter -Help??

SANAP 14:05 12 Jan 2018

This has me stumped. We use a 4th generation ipod with a philips docking staition to listen to internet radio but today it will not connect, I get network connection problem and that's it BUT it still connects to classic hits and a few other internet radio stations.

When I check network settings there is an entry against dns like this fe80;;1 and I cant shift it but if I click on line then rest of fields briefly populate with ip address, router address.

I'm stumped. Its ios 6.1.6 and its a huaewei router.

When I connect to VF bb with a netgear router I get this entry under dns.

192.168.1.1 fe80::861b:5eff:fe47:9a91

help

ps i did a reset as well.

SANAP 21:31 18 Jan 2018

i got the answer its too old!!! apple make sure they become obsolete.

john bunyan 08:09 19 Jan 2018

Not an expert but IOS 6 seems old. My iPod 4 is on a 10 series IOS. Have you tried an update?

Ventad 08:20 20 Jan 2018

Have you changed your router mode to N only? I changed my router to N only a while back and when my young g/daughter come she said why can’t I get on to the internet with her iPod I changed it back to G/N and she went straight on.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)