Move or save contactes from iPhone 4s to new sim

Govan1x 13:01 26 Nov 2015
Answered

Old 2nd hand iPhone 4s which works Ok. Put a Virgin sim card in it to make sure it would work added contacts etc and then decided to get a sim only deal from Virgin.

They are sending a new sim out today what I would like to know is there any way I can save the contacts without having to install them all again.

Govan1x 13:08 26 Nov 2015

Should have added I got this for my wife to try as her phone is about 12 years old and mine is about 10 years old so basically we do not know much about iPhones.

Forum Editor 18:30 26 Nov 2015

Find Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then Press Settings Then Press Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Copy contacts between SIM card and phone Press Import SIM Contacts

Now you have the contacts on the phone. When you put the new SIM in you can import the contacts to the SIM in the same way.

Govan1x 23:21 26 Nov 2015

Sorry for the delay in answering but I have been out and about.

Anyway the sim card never arrived so no panic yet. A bit late to do anything tonight but will see what I can do in the morning.

Govan1x 23:45 26 Nov 2015

[Find Mail, Contacts, Calendars.] I take it I open the e-mail account to get that.

I can find Contacts ok under phone. But nothing under mail. Never had credit on the phone to use it.

Govan1x 11:17 27 Nov 2015

Tried that and it and don't know if it does it automatically but underneath that it says facebook or Outlook. So do not know if it wants to import the contacts from there or not.

Govan1x 11:19 27 Nov 2015

Will wait till I get the new sim and see if that works or not.Stayed in all day yesterday but it never came and I am not going to stay in all day today.

Govan1x 14:41 27 Nov 2015
Answer

Ok just put the sim card in and everything seemed as normal. Contacts still there. So thanks all for your help.

Govan1x 05:50 28 Nov 2015

Just noticed the little green tick looks out of place on this page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)